Want to help us care for dogs?
There are many ways you can support the Dogs’ Homes including
- If you are thinking of adding a dog to the family, please adopt from the Dogs’ Home and encourage others to do the same. You will be giving a very worthy dog a second chance in life.
- If you already have a dog, please ensure your own dog is registered, microchipped, desexed and vaccinated and encourage others to do the same
- Please check that your yard is suitably fenced and gates are escape proof and encourage others to do the same on their property
- If you see a lost, stray or neglected dog, please act to help that dog by informing your local council
- Become a Dogs’ Home Volunteer – see our Volunteer page for more information.
- Support Dogs’ Home fund-raising events
- Join our fund-raising team – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Join our community events team
- Donate enrichment toys
- Sponsor a kennel or make a dollar donation
- Make a bequest to the Dogs’ Home
The Dogs Homes of Tasmania Kennel Sponsorship Program plays a vital role in supporting the hundreds of dogs and puppies that go through our adoption areas each year. Due to the amount of animals the Dogs Homes of Tasmania care for each year, it is not possible to individually sponsor each dog or puppy that spend time at the Homes before finding loving homes. Sponsoring a kennel is the best way to help the dogs and puppies that are ready for adoption find their very own loving family. By purchasing a Kennel Sponsorship you will be directly contributing to the care of each animal that comes through that enclosure. Your sponsorship will be helping to pay for the many costs involved in rehoming a dog such as food, cleaning, grooming, environmental enrichment and veterinary care.
Your name, or the name of your school or business will be displayed on the kennel. Many people also sponsor a kennel as a gift or in memory of a beloved family member or pet. Click here for more information and to download the kennel sponsorship form: