School Visits and Education Program:
Our education program can be delivered at your school with one of our four legged friends accompanying our presenter or your students can visit our Hobart Dog’s Home in Risdon Vale for an inspiring and unforgettable learning experience. Whether at your school or our home, our experienced presenter will guide your students through a fun, interactive and informative session focused on responsible dog ownership and dog welfare.
Key Messages for Students:
- It is important to be responsible and provide care to those who need it. This includes animals.
- Being responsible also means caring for the community.
- There are laws to keep dogs and people safe in the community.
- Dogs have needs and feelings similar to our own.
- A dog is like a best friend because they are fun to have around.
- In return, we can be a dog’s best friend by keeping them safe, happy and healthy.
Bookings are available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and each session runs for approximately one hour. A small fee applies to help cover travel, materials and presenter time, as follows;
$140 for in school education program
$60 to bring your class to the Dogs’ Home at Risdon Vale
To make a booking or for further information, please contact our Community Liaison Officer at Hobart Dogs’ Home.
Humane values and social
responsibility are key
elements of the program.